Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Peachtree...Atlanta.

First off, if you're in Atlanta and your GPS is telling you to go to Peachtree, make sure you know which Peachtree you're going to. There are a million, literally a million, roads that are named Peachtree!
Anyways...whenever I travel north, I usually pass through Atlanta.  I also interned there this past summer and was told to do so many different things! There really is so much to do in ATL, so I'm gonna list some of my favorites so you can spend your time going on the BEST adventures in the city.

1. Georgia Aquarium: The COOLEST aquarium I ever went to. There are so many attractions and it's great for the whole family. Definitely suggest  checking it out. Here's the link to their website to give you an idea of all they have! GA Aquarium 

2. CNN: Maybe it's because I'm a news geek, but I loved taking a tour of CNN. It's incredible. It looks like a huge mall. Go on a tour...The prices range from about $10-25 depending on what tour you do, but it's worth it. You get to see what goes on in the control room, a live show going on, and what it takes to put a newscast together...Check it out!

  
Inside CNN
3. Shoot the Hooch: It sounds a little scandalous, but it's just a float down the Chattahoochee River. This was the first year I was not home (at the beach) for Memorial Day Weekend, so I decided to "Shoot the Hootch" with some friends. The water is beautiful, and it's the perfect temperature for a hot day. You can even rent a floating cooler to bring along some lunch...and some booze ;)
"Shooting the Hooch" with Michelle!






4. SweetWater Brewery: Obviously, it's a brewery. But, for $10 you get 6 drink tickets, a tour of the brewery, and a glass for your beer! It's really fun if you like to drink beer, like myself. (SweetWater Blue is my favorite!...it's a refreshing blueberry beer that I highly suggest!)
SweetWater with Emily!

No comments:

Post a Comment